Training on: Essential Skills for GIS and Mapping Professionals (August 2017)2017-07-16
A geographic information system (GIS) is the system that captures, stores, analyzes, manages, and presents data with reference to geographic location data. The GIS functionalities could be categorized into three main aspects including GIS database, GIS analysis, and GIS visualization.
In the simplest terms, GIS is a tool that could be used to transform geographic data into useful information or knowledge for better decision making. GIS could be used in many disciplines such as archaeology, geography, public utility management, natural resource management, precision agriculture, urban planning, emergency management, landscape architecture, navigation, real estate, public health, crime mapping, national defense, and sustainable development.
The main purpose of this training is to equip participants with essential theoretical knowledge and practical skills with ArcGIS for Desktop 10.5 software needed to perform most of everyday GIS tasks in the above-mentioned disciplines.
Six modules covering three main aspects of GIS (Geodatabase, GIS Analysis, and Geovisualization) that will be presented and discussed in the training class include:
· Module 01: Introducing GIS concepts, ArcMap, ArcCatalog and ArcToolbox
· Module 02: Working with map symbology and labels
· Module 03: Managing GIS coordinate systems
· Module 04: Managing GIS databases
· Module 05: Creating professional-looking maps
· Module 06: Performing GIS analysis
The key topics for each module of the training can be found at the last section of this announcement. The topics were carefully selected ranging from basic to advanced levels based on working experiences of the trainer and the training courses that he has done for over 200 people.
II. About the training
· Trainer: Mr. LA Veha
· Venue: Near Psar Dey Houy and along Hanoi street (see this map in this link: https://goo.gl/maps/i4ochFq82WL2)
· Date and time: Saturday and Sunday (for five weeks) - from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM:
o Week 1: 12 – 13 August 2017
o Week 2: 19 – 20 August 2017
o Week 3: 26 – 27 August 2017
o Week 4: 02 – 03 September 2017
o Week 5: 09 – 10 September 2017
· Fee: $499 per participant
· Training manual: English language
· Prerequisite: The participants should have basic knowledge of computer and could read some common English words. Participants should use their own computer laptops.
III. About the trainer
Mr. LA Veha will be the key trainer of this course. He has completed Master of Spatial Information Science from the University of Melbourne, Australia and had extensive work experiences as GIS Specialist for different projects. He is currently the Managing Director of EZ Surveying Co., Ltd and also National Consultant for FFI, FAO, UNDP, and MRC.
He has been the freelance GIS trainer of the following GIS courses:
· Learning Basics of ArcGIS® Desktop 10
· Learning Advanced ArcGIS® Desktop 10 Series: Geodatabase Development and Management
· Spatial Analysis and Modeling with ArcGIS® for Desktop 10
· Automatic Download of Google Satellite Images and Maps for ArcGIS or QGIS
· Getting Google Earth Images into ArcGIS
· Converting Online Map and Satellite Images into GIS Data
· Creating Portable Maps for Windows and Mobile Devices
· Advanced Topics in ArcGIS for Desktop 10
· Learning ArcGIS Pro 1.2
· Downloading and Using Google Satellite and Road Maps for Creating Geographic Data and Information
· Harnessing the Power of ArcGIS for Desktop 10.4.1 (Basic + Advanced Level)
· Aerial Mapping and 3D Modeling with DJI Drones
For more information about the training, please contact the trainer:
· Name: Mr. LA Veha
· Phone: 015 718 466 / 077 718466
· Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org